Re: Linux 2.6.6 "IDE cache-flush at shutdown fixes"

From: Rene Herman
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 07:08:35 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:

hda: Maxtor 6Y120P0, ATA DISK drive

I note the drive is the same model here too, Rene.

The question remains however, is our data in danger?

There's a fair change that we'll be told, yes, very much so, since these drives don't seem to correctly support this life saving feature. The real answer though will be more easily deducted by calculating the ratio of unexplained file system corruptions you've had and reboots you've managed (0, that is).

Rene.