Re: 2.6.6-mm2

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 19:07:41 EST

Oleg Nesterov wrote:
Hello.

Andrew Morton wrote:

+yield_irq.patch

From: Nick Piggin

this_rq_lock does a local_irq_disable, and sched_yield()
needs to undo that.

I beleive it is safe to enter schedule() with interrupts
disabled. schedule() does spin_lock_irq()->local_irq_disable()
anyway.

Could you please explain, why it is needed?

It is safe to enter schedule() with interrupts disabled. I
found this "problem" while searching for something else in
sched.c

For consistency it is a good thing to do, however I would
be just as happy with a 1 line comment instead. Ingo what
do you prefer?