Re: [4KSTACK][2.6.6] Stack overflow in radeonfb

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 20:25:17 EST

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > int radeonfb_set_par(struct fb_info *info)
> > {
> > struct radeonfb_info *rinfo = info->par;
> > struct fb_var_screeninfo *mode = &info->var;
> > struct radeon_regs newmode;
> >
> > struct radeon_regs is huge: 2356 bytes
> > Quick fix (I'll test ASAP):
>
> Wow, this is evil indeed,

There should be some sort of prize ;)

There's a script out there somewhere which can autodetect this: build with
frame pointers, parse the function preamble. Does anyone have a copy
handly?

There's a `make buildcheck' target in -mm (from Arjan) into which we could
integrate such a tool. Although probably it should be a different make
target.