arm-lh7a40x IDE support in 2.6.6

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 11:42:32 EST

I was just porting my patches killing <asm/arch/ide.h> for
ARM to 2.6.6 when noticed that more work is needed now. :-(

arch/arm/mach-lh7a40x/ide-lpd7a40x.c
include/asm-arm/arch-lh7a40x/ide.h

Why it couldn't be done in drivers/ide/arm
(as discussed on linux-ide)?

Code from <asm/ide.h> is inlined into IDE core code in far too
many interesting places which greatly increasing complexity/insanity
to anybody trying to understand or change it.

The rule is simple:
code outside drivers/ide SHOULDN'T need to know about <linux/ide.h>.

WTF everybody wants to be "smart" and abuses it?
[ and then people complain why IDE is so ugly ]

BTW does it even work as IDE polling code is not merged yet?

Bartlomiej