[OT] "bk pull" does not update my sources...?

From: Christian
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 14:26:10 EST

hi,

being a beginner with Bitkeeper repositories i used to "clone" bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 to my disk, then did "bk -r get" (as advised elsewhere) and do "bk pull" every now and then. but i noted the following:

evil@sheep:/usr/src/linux-2.6-BK$ date
Fr Mai 14 21:09:51 CEST 2004
evil@sheep:/usr/src/linux-2.6-BK$ bk pull
Pull bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5
-> file://usr/src/linux-2.6-BK
Nothing to pull.
evil@sheep:/usr/src/linux-2.6-BK$ head -n5 Makefile
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 6
EXTRAVERSION =
NAME=Zonked Quokka
evil@sheep:/usr/src/linux-2.6-BK$

on kernel.org there is already a 2.6.6-bk1 snapshot-patch, it'd patch Makefile to show us "-bk1", but my local repository -just updated via bk- does still say "2.6.6". how comes?

i tried "bk co|get Makfefile", "bk check"...all seems to be well.

Thanks for helping,
Christian.

(ps: pm is also fine, as this is admittedly not a kernel-thing....)

--
BOFH excuse #3:

electromagnetic radiation from satellite debris