Re: PCI memory reservation failure - 2.4/2.6

From: Alec H. Peterson
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 08:50:43 EST

--On Saturday, May 15, 2004 9:34 PM +0200 Manfred Spraul <manfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There are two possible approaches:
- just a module parameter. Probably something for 2.4.
- a combination of a dmi detection of buggy bios versions plus a pci
quirk that resets start and end to 0.

Attached is the module parameter patch against 2.6. If it works I can
write a backport to 2.4 and try to convince Marcelo to merge it.
Could you send me the output of dmidecode? I'll try to write the
autodetection patch for 2.6.

I'm actually sticking with 2.4 for right now, which I'd be more than happy to test on. How different would your patch be for 2.4?

I am unfamiliar with dmidecode, I am afraid.

If you can't get the requisite info for 2.6 I would be happy to move one of my systems with the issue over to it to get the info. Please let me know.

FWIW I saw a post from somebody on netdev and madwifi-users who says he is using your 2.6 patch with no problems.

Alec