Re: 2.6.10-mm1 [failure on AMD64]

From: Thomas Molina
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 06:24:29 EST

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

On a UP AMD64 it boots, but then it does not work appropriately (eg. at KDE
startup the box hangs for a while and I get the message like "The process for
the file protocol has terminated unexpectedly" and desktop icons are not
displayed, and I get a "cpu overload" message from arts etc.).

I also tried it on an AMD64 system (3500+ on A8V Deluxe) and did not observe any anomalies, but I am using Gnome, not KDE.

I saw a message that latency tests were wanted, but I don't normally have a workload in which this can be observed. Perhaps someone could provide a suggestion? I did try some dvd-burning sessions. Subjectively speaking, there didn't seem to be any improvement over 2.6.10, and it may have been a bit worse.