are the io-schedulers per-device?

From: Florin Iucha
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 01:49:47 EST

Hello,

For a semester project I am experimenting with a new IO scheduler and I
was trying to set my scheduler to control a single device, to ease the
development and debugging, by using
echo "foo" > /sys/block/ubdc/queue/scheduler
Much to my suprise, this sets the scheduler for the other block
devices as well! Does this happen only to UML block devices? Do I need
to do anything to allow a per-device scheduler? Is the functionality
there, or is it in-progress? Am I reading too much in the fact that
the queue/scheduler is defined under each block device?

Thank you,
florin

PS: Please Cc: me as I am not subscribed.

--

Don't question authority: they don't know either!