Re: [linux-dvb-maintainer] Re: 2.6.11 vs DVB cx88 stuffs

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 10:08:43 EST

On Friday 04 March 2005 07:24, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 06:55:48PM -0800, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >Greetings;
>> >
>> >I've a new pcHDTV-3000 card, and I thought maybe it would
>> >be a good idea to build the cx88 stuff in the DVB section
>> >of a make xconfig.
>> >
>> >It doesn't build, spitting out this bailout:

>> >Another patch needed maybe?
>>
>> Sure, some patch is needed. Let's ask the maintainer (cc-ed).
>>
>> BTW, to get this you had to enable CONFIG_BROKEN:
>>
>> config VIDEO_CX88_DVB
>> tristate "DVB Support for cx2388x based TV cards"
>> depends on VIDEO_CX88 && DVB_CORE && BROKEN
>> select VIDEO_BUF_DVB
>
>Gerd Knorr has patches pending which depend on patches which
>I have to create from linuxtv.org CVS. I will submit then asap.
>
>Johannes

Ok, but this morning I noticed another potential problem, one that
I've pinged Jack K., (the author of the pcHDTV-1.6 driver kit, some
of whose modules overwrite kernel modules by the same names,) about
just a few minutes ago.

I'm getting the usual nvidia generated 'tainted kernel' messages in my
log when the modules are loaded:

Mar 4 04:17:46 coyote kernel: bttv: no version for "struct_module"
found: kernel tainted.
Mar 4 04:17:46 coyote kernel: bttv: No versions for exported symbols.
Tainting kernel.
Mar 4 04:17:46 coyote kernel: bttv: driver version 0.9.15 loaded
Mar 4 04:17:46 coyote kernel: bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520
pages) each for capture

Since we do have the srcs for this one, how can a relative dummy like
me fix this? Or should I wait for Jack K.'s answer... Grepping
kernel srcs for a 'struct_module' seems to come up empty for 2.6.11.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)