Re: RFD: Kernel release numbering

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 15:22:40 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 11:12:22AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
Let's try with the 2.6.x.y numbering scheme, it's simple, and maybe it ends up being sufficient. I just wanted to bring up the point that I don't think the sucker tree _has_ to be seen as a 2.6.x.y tree at all.

Fair enough, I'll stick with 2.6.x.y, as I think it's a good
representation of what people expect. If people start objecting, I'm
always open for change.

So far, 2.6.11.1 was what I was hoping, and expecting, it would be.

Jeff