Re: Linux 2.6.11.1

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 19:27:13 EST

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 12:44:31PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Here's the list of things which we might choose to put into 2.6.11.2.
> nfsd--exportfs-reduce-stack-usage.patch

Different people want different things with our 2.6.x.y.
I would hope that criteria include (i) patch is obvious,
and (ii) patch fixes an embarrassing flaw.

I see no reason to include random small improvements.

(Always some of these small improvements will be a mistake,
so, in .y, when something is not really broken, don't fix it.
Maybe people were actually seeing stack overflows here?)

Andries