Re: s4bios: does anyone use it?

From: Brice Goglin
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 16:10:18 EST

Pavel Machek a écrit :
Hi!

Is there single user of s4bios? It used to work for me 4 notebooks
ago, but I never really used it. I think I'm the only person that ever
seen it working, but I could be wrong. Is there anyone using s4bios in
2.6.11?

If not, I guess we should remove that code from kernel. It is not
usefull, and it is likely broken.
Pavel

Hi Pavel,

I always suspend my Compaq Evo N6OOc to disk using "echo 4b > /proc/acpi/sleep".
I don't remember the reason why I originally did choose this one instead of S4.
I just checked that S4 and S4Bios work the same on 2.6.11-mm1 (even with my
PCMCIA wireless card connected, great!).
From what I remember, I didn't see any difference between S4 and S4Bios in
recent vanilla kernels.

By the way, it seems that Radeon makes suspend slower because it needs
to be blanked or something like that. Is there any way to avoid this ?

Regards

Brice