Re: [patch] inotify for 2.6.11

From: Robert Love
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 19:38:58 EST

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 00:04 +0000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> The user interface is still bogus.

I presume you are talking about the ioctl. I have tried to engage you
and others on what exactly you prefer instead. I have said that moving
to a write interface is fine but I don't see how ut is _any_ better than
the ioctl. Write is less typed, in fact, since we lose the command
versus argument delineation.

But if it is a anonymous decision, I'll switch it. Or take patches. ;-)
It isn't a big deal.

> Also now version of it has stayed in -mm long enough because bad
> bugs pop up almost weekly.

I don't follow this sentence.

Best,

Robert Love