Re: RFD: Kernel release numbering

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 03:09:32 EST

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 02:53:26AM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:

> There's also no other (suitable) place to announce kernel trees. Debian
> kernels get announced on various debian-related lists; I'd imagine FC
> kernels have the same thing. The only place to announce non-distro trees
> is lkml (and I've had requests for an -as specific announce list, I
> haven't haven't found the time to get something going).

Andres,

considering that your kernels' purpose is to provide a stabler base than
mainline to people who still want to stay close to mainline, I think that
your announces bring some real value here.

What does not have its place here are the announces of full-featured
patchsets not targetted at developpers nor testers.

Cheers,
Willy