Re: [patch] add scsi changer driver

From: Gerd Knorr
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 03:27:17 EST

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 07:55:25PM +0200, James Bottomley wrote:
> Looking through this, the only things I really noticed that need work
> are:
>
> ch_do_scsi(): It looks like this has an effective reimplementation of
> scsi_wait_req. We're trying to deprecate the usage of scsi_do_req so we
> can make it private eventually. What's the reason you can't use
> scsi_wait_req?

Probably historical reasons, I havn't tracked the scsi layer changes for
quite some time, so this might simply be a 2.6 cleanup I've missed
because of that. Will check ...

> ch_ioctl() (and the compat): since this is a new driver, can't this all
> be done via sysfs? That way, the user would be able to manipulate it
> from the command line, and we'd no longer need any of the 32->64 compat
> glue.

Well, it isn't new, it already exists for many years, just not living in
mainline (which I finally want to change now ...).

Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)