Re: 2.6.11-mm1

From: Tom Rini
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 12:31:32 EST

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 03:32:15AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:

[snip]
> +fix-scripts-mkubootsh-to-return-status.patch
>
> kbuild fix

Please drop this. The problem is that 'make uImage' was saying that it
sucessfully built a uImage when it didn't. The reason we have a wrapper
script around mkimage (mkuboot.sh) is so that we can always provide a
uImage (it's cheap) if the user has the tools around (and thus probably
wants it), but can still have it in the 'all' target, and do no harm, in
the case where people don't. This is currently upsetting a number of
ppc32 folks since uImage is a default target, but not really needed in
the common case (pmac).

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/