Re: driver compile parse errors for RHEL4

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 15:11:29 EST

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 11:25:34AM -0800, Anil Kumar wrote:

> The errors are as follows:
>
> drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic7xxx_reg_print.c:23: error: parse error before '(' token
> drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic7xxx_reg_print.c:40: error: parse error before '(' token
> drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic7xxx_reg_print.c:57: error: parse error before '(' token
> drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic7xxx_reg_print.c:82: error: parse error before '(' token

It looks like some trouble I encountered recently when porting old programs
to gcc-3, which was caused by abusive use of '##' in macros. The error even
changed when I inserted a space before the opening parenthesis !

> Can you please let me know if my gcc is installed correctly, I mean if
> I disable/enable any of the flags. If not I will look into my
> Makefiles and scripts.

You should have started from here, otherwise I guess you will not receive
many responses.

Willy