Re: User mode drivers: part 1, interrupt handling (patch for 2.6.11)

From: Michael Raymond
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 08:51:58 EST

I have many users asking for something like this. Peter's approach is
simple and it appears to solve the problem for many situations.
With that in mind though, for a more complicated but higher performing
approach please take a look at the User Level Interrupt (ULI) project at
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/uli/. It requires some per-arch assembly but
with some recent changes we're seeing ~1.5us latency from hardware event to
user space function start. I'm hoping to add an IA32 port out soon.
Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael A. Raymond Office: (651) 683-3434
Core OS Group Real-Time System Software