Re: linux dvb alps_tdlb7 removed

From: Kenneth Aafløy
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 15:49:15 EST

On Friday 11 March 2005 13:58, Juri Haberland wrote:
> In article <aebc44b2e0c42cc9dc0ec0b215c10ec4@xxxxxxx> you wrote:
> > With version 2.6.10 the driver for the tuner frontend from ALPS TDLB7
> > was removed.
> >
> > Why do you think that this is a dead file?
> > While I'm happy with the work you do for dvb on Linux, and I want to
> > thank you for this anyway, my TV does not work anymore! :(
> >
> > I use a TechoTrend Premium card with that frontend on it. It worked
> > fine until 2.6.10.
> > Can you put it back into mainline? Is there some work to do for
> > reinsertion?
>
> I think the driver you now need is sp8870. It's just another name for

Yup you are right. If someone has a card that is no longer working,
please have a look at these pages and contact the linuxtv-dvb mailing-list:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Supported_DVB_cards
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_cards_requiring_definition
http://www.linuxtv.org/lists.php

Kenneth