[CHECKER] XFS doesn't respect mount -o sync (XFS, 2.6.11)

From: Junfeng Yang
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 05:16:57 EST

Hi,

We are from the Stanford Checker team and are working on a file system
checker called FiSC. We checked XFS and found that even when a XFS
partition is mounted -o sync, file system operations are still not sync'ed
correctly.

A simple test case would be something like this:
mkdir 0001
reboot -f -n
After reboot, directory 0001 is lost.
Let me know if you need any more information to reproduce the warning.

We are not sure if this is the expected behavior on XFS or not, so your
inputs on this are well appreciated.

-Junfeng