Re: Error with Sil3112A SATA controller and Maxtor 300GB HDD

From: Guido Villa
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 13:57:17 EST

Hi Manuel,

Manuel Lauss writes:

I happen to have a SiI 3112A controller and a Maxtor 6B300S0 attached to
it, formatted with ext2. Never had any problems. I just copied
200GB of data to it, worked flawlessly. (Vanilla 2.6.11)
Maybe its the Motherboard?

so it must be the hardware.
Thank you very much for your reply, I will check more thoroughly disk, controller and mainboard.

I am really sorry for having posted such a problem on this ml, but I was quite sure it was a software problem.

Good bye,
Guido