Re: [patch] x86: fix ESP corruption CPU bug (take 2)

From: Stas Sergeev
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 15:03:46 EST

Hi!

Alan Cox wrote:
Alan, can you please apply that to an -ac
tree?
Ask Andrew Morton as it belongs in the -mm tree
Actually I tried that already. Andrew
had nothing against that patch personally,
as well as Linus, but after all that didn't
work:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/1/3/260

So it can't be applied to -mm, and not
depending on the kgdb-ga patch allowed for
some extra optimization.
So I have to try the -ac as the last resort.
I realized you won't be pleased with that
too much. If you are confident it doesn't
fit the -ac tree by whatever means, I can
understand that. (In that case I'll much
appreciate the suggestion what other tree
should I try.)