Re: drm lockups since 2.6.11-bk2

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 11:25:44 EST

> > I might get time to do a code review, my main worry is that all the
> > problems reported with those patches in -mm made it into the patchset that
> > went into Linus.. mainly things like forgetting to memset certain
> > structures to 0 and sillies like that...
>
> I saw one report where the recent drm security hole fix broke dri
> for one user. Whilst it seems an isolated incident, could this have
> more impact than we first realised ?

the radeon security changes? I've gotten no bad feedback on those neither
has dri-devel, so I've assumed they were all fine (usually radeon bug
reports get back fairly quickly as everyone has one ..),

the multi-bridge stuff is definitely broken as I've seen radeon and r128
reports on it .. and it looks most like 2.6.11-bk2 broke things and I
haven't merged anything until -bk7 ...

> Worse case scenario we can drop out the multi-bridge support for now
> if it needs work. Mike left SGI now, so we'll need to find someone else
> with access to a Prism to make sure it still works correctly on a
> real multi-gart system.

I'd like to make it work I'm sure it is some thing small wrong, but I've
no access for > 1 week to my radeon machine so unless someone else picks
it up we may need to drop it for now..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG