Re: megaraid driver (proposed patch)

From: Ricardo Colon
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 14:14:47 EST

Can someone please remove me from these mailing lists?

I don't remember signing up ffor them and it's filling
my inbox too quickly.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 01:04:37PM -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
You get a kernel with two drivers trying to claim some of the same set
of cards. The winner will be the driver that gets its init routines
called first, but this isn't a desirable outcome.

I wouldn't object to a patch that allows both *modules* to be built,
which is all I think the distros are after.

The new megaraid driver doesn't support old hardware. Maybe we should
drop the overlapping pci ids from the old driver?