Re: [ARM] Group device drivers together under their own menu

From: Russell King
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 17:52:39 EST

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 09:41:41PM +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 11:58:51AM +0000, Linux Kernel Mailing List wrote:
> > ChangeSet 1.1982.137.48, 2005/03/05 11:58:51+00:00, rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > [ARM] Group device drivers together under their own menu
>
> Any reason you can't merge ARM's options into the drivers/*/Kconfig (with
> appropriate conditionals) and use drivers/Kconfig?

Dunno. Haven't gotten around to sorting that out yet, and I don't
particularly fancy trying to fight any corners over it.

I think, a while back, it was thought to be better to keep ARM separate
to keep the conditionals out of drivers/Kconfig.

If the general concensus has changed, I might eventually sort it out if
it causes enough trouble, or people think there's sufficient value to it.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core