Re: Mac mini sound woes

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 20:44:14 EST

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:42:00AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> suggest I just don't do any control ? Or should I implement a double
> buffer scheme with software gain as well in the kernel driver ?

I recall to have sometime clicked on volume controls that weren't
hardware related, I don't pay much attention when stuff works, perhaps
it was the kde sound system doing it or something like that.

I would suggest doing the D->A only, then adding a basic hack to
g5 too ;), and then go back to the mini to do the gain emulation in
kernel space if somebody complains ;). Doing the software emulation
sounds quite orthogonal to the rest so it can be done later if needed.

Too loud sound is better than no sound.