sched_setscheduler() and usage issues ....please help

From: Arun Srinivas
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 22:29:52 EST

I am trying to set the SCHED_FIFO policy for my process.I am using sched_setscheduler() function to do this.

I am following the correct syntax and running it as root process.I am using the given syntax i.e.,
int sched_setscheduler(pid_t pid, int policy, const struct sched_param *p);
(SCHED_FIFO for the policy and priority in the range of 1 to 99 for p).

But the function returns with an value of -1. I am trying to call this function from the user-space.

1) Is this usage correct?
2)How do I read the error code (i.e., text description of what kiind of error occurred like for eg., ESRCH,EPERM,EINVAL).

Please help.

thanks
Arun