2.6.12-rc1-mm[1-3]: ACPI battery monitor does not work

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 04:58:07 EST

Hi,

There is a problem on my box (Asus L5D, x86-64 kernel) with the ACPI battery
driver in the 2.6.12-rc1-mm[1-3] kernels. Namely, the battery monitor that
I use (the kpowersave applet from SUSE 9.2) is no longer able to report the
battery status (ie how much % it is loaded). It can only check if the AC power
is connected (if it is connected, kpowersave behaves as though there was
no battery in the box, and if it is not connected, kpowersave always shows
that the battery is 1% loaded).

Also, there are big latencies on loading and accessing the battery module, but
the module loads successfully and there's nothing suspicious in dmesg.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Greets,
Rafael

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.