Re: [ patch 2/5] drivers/serial/jsm: new serial device driver

From: Kilau, Scott
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 10:42:50 EST

> Wouldn't you think the kernel already takers are of flow control,
given
> that it already handles the sending of the X* characters?

Hi Russell,

Yes.
The code was written by me before it was integrated into "serial core".

Like your comments suggest, a lot of the "tty" code is now duplicated
because of its integration.

(And yes, its probably overly complex for just a serial driver,
but I was striving for a perfect score in NIST testing...)

I believe Wendy plans on continuing to strip out all this duplication of
code.

Scott