Re: NFS client latencies

From: Orion Poplawski
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 11:21:55 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This fixes all the NFS related latency problems I was seeing. Now the longest latency from an NFS kernel compile with "make -j64" is 391 usecs in get_swap_page.

great! The latest patches (-42-08 and later) have the reworked nfs_scan_list() lock-breaker, which should perform similarly.

i bet these NFS patches also improve generic NFS performance on fast networks. I've attached the full patchset with all fixes and improvements included - might be worth a try in -mm?

Just a question - would these changes be expected to improve NFS client *read* access at all, or just write?

Thanks!