Re: i8042 controller on Toshiba Satellite P10 notebook - patch

From: Jaco Kroon
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 19:37:22 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> A-haa.. Well, in that case we'll cheat ;) and just disable MUX mode
> for your Toshiba via a DMI quirk, like we do for certain Fujitsus. If
> there is no external port there is no reason to have the controller in
> MUX mode.
>
> Could you please send me output of 'dmidecode' utility?

Ah yes. Your lucky it's only a 37KB download. Some nice tools...

It's a _lot_ of output so I'm again rather attaching it (gzipped).

Would this quirk also imply usb-handoff?

One (hopefully) last query, lspci reports the following device (which I
assume is the SD card reader):

0000:02:04.2 Class 0805: ENE Technology Inc: Unknown device 0550

How can one confirm what this is?

Jaco
--
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world,
http://www.kroon.co.za/