Re: 2.6.12-rc2-mm1

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 11:51:42 EST

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 08:45 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> This introduces various AUDIT_ARCH numerical constants, which is a blatantly
> stupid idea. We already have a way to uniquely identify architectures, and
> that's the ELF headers, no need for another parallel namespace.

We do use the EM_xxx number space but that isn't sufficient to
distinguish between 32-bit and 64-bit incarnations of certain machine
types (S390,SH,MIPS,...). I didn't much like adding it either, but
couldn't see a better option.

I pondered strings but we want to filter on this and don't want to have
to use strcmp. Got any better answers?

> (btw, could you please add to all patches who's responsible for them,
> bk-audit.patch doesn't tell)

If it were just to point to the BK tree, that might help.
( linux-audit.bkbits.net/audit-2.6-mm )

--
dwmw2