Re: Linux kernel TI TLAN driver

From: Ganesh Venkatesan
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 11:37:50 EST

In general, just adding the device id to a driver in order to enable
it for a new device is not sufficient. They may (in most cases, will)
be additional logic that is needed in the driver to correctly enable
the new device. If this is the case, I'd expect the patched driver to
fail on open even with the 2.6 kernel.

ganesh.