Re: tcp_sendpage and page allocation lifetime vs. iscsi

From: Olivier Galibert
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 17:33:39 EST

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 03:08:40PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> You could do something similar in iSCSI and for now I highly
> suggest that is what you do.

Ok, I'll try to implement that.

> In short, you're using an API in a way it was never designed
> to be used.

Heh, I don't, I'm just debugging it ;-)

It's interesting though that both the 4.x guys (linux-iscsi) and the
5.x ones (openiscsi, now both have merged) did the exact same mistake
while afaik their developments were independant. There is a
documentation issue there. If you could put what you just said in
Documentation/*, it should hopefully prevent this kind of
hard-to-track mistakes in the future.

OG.