Re: [ANNOUNCE] Cogito-0.8 (former git-pasky, big changes!)

From: Petr Baudis
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 22:33:36 EST

Dear diary, on Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 05:24:22AM CEST, I got a letter
where Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxx> told me that...
> here goes Cogito-0.8, my SCMish layer over Linus Torvald's git tree
> history tracker. This package was formerly called git-pasky, however
> this release brings big changes. The usage is significantly different,
> as well as some basic concepts; the history changed again (hopefully the
> last time?) because of fixing dates of some old commits. The .git/
> directory layout changed too.

I forgot to mention that you should really only upgrade if you feel
brave and are willing to do some testing; it is likely there are some
new bugs introduced by the renaming, some leftovers of the original
git-pasky stuff in some not-so-frequently called scripts, etc. I will
see how many bug reports will we get and how fast will the bugcount
drop; if things won't stabilize very quickly, I might release
git-pasky-0.7.1 with few obvious bugfixes.

(And don't write announcements at 4am.)

--
Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Stuff: http://pasky.or.cz/