Re: [UML] Compile error when building with seperate source and object directories

From: Ryan Anderson
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 00:42:16 EST

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 12:45:15AM +0100, Al Viro wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 11:02:38PM -0400, Ryan Anderson wrote:
> > I've been seeing a build error when trying to build User Mode Linux on
> > an x86-32 host (Athlon, fwiw). The kernel I'm building is a 1-day old
> > pull from git. This error is not new, though. I thought it was merely
> > an artifact of a patch stuck in a queue at first so I didn't mention it
> > right away.
>
> That's because that stuff is not merged yet. Speaking of which, where does
> the current UML tree live and who should that series be Cc'ed to?

I think you hit the right people with the Cc: list I started with.

> I've got a decent split-up and IMO that should be mergable. Patches are
> on ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/people/viro/UM*; summary in the end of mail.
> That's a sanitized and split version of old UML-kbuild patch.

Thanks, this seems to do the trick.

I had an initial problem, but I think I was just working from a
directory in a bad state, after nuking my output directory and starting
over, it seems to be working just fine.

Thanks for the fix, I have another toy to play with this week now. :)

--

Ryan Anderson
sometimes Pug Majere