Re: 2.6.12-rc3-mm1 doesn't boot

From: Carlos Martin
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 07:58:44 EST

On 4/30/05, Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2.6.12-rc3-mm1 doesn't boot on my computer.
>
> Comparing the point where booting stops with a boot from a working
> kernel, the first line that isn't displayed is the line where init says
> it's starting.
I got the same.
> Ctrl-Alt-Del at this point reboots my computer.
>
> Both 2.6.12-rc3 and 2.6.12-rc2-mm3 do boot.
>
> My computer is a cheap desktop computer with one 1,8 GHz Athlon CPU.
Mine's a P4 2.8GH
> I know what a binary search is, but since I currently need my computer
> and I can't do 10 compile and reboot cycles today any hints which
> patches are suspect of being guilty is appreciated.
I'll see if I can pinpoint some patch, but it'll take some time.

cmn
--
Carlos Martín http://www.cmartin.tk http://rpgscript.berlios.de

"I'll wager it's the most extraordinary thing to happen round here
since Queen Elizabeth's handmaid got hit by lightning and sprouted a
beard"
-- T. C. Boyle, "Water Music"