Re: Extremely poor umass transfer rates

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 15:30:35 EST

J.A. Magallon wrote:
Je, je, you're dreaming. The limit on pendrives, flash mp3 players and so
on is the flash memory read/write speed. You are lucky if you get 1Mb/s.
So for a flash based device, dont ever worry about if it is USB 1.1 or 2.0.

Lots of flash is much faster than that these days. On the Kingston USB 2.0 pen drive I have, there's a HUGE speed difference between USB 1.1 and 2.0. I'm not sure what the throughput is exactly under 2.0, but it's far faster than 1 MB/sec.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx