Re: Novell Linux Kernel Debugger (NLKD)

From: Jan Beulich
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 02:48:32 EST

>1. No back trace

You're the second one to mention this, and I wonder where you take this from.

>2. Doesn't run standalone fully embeded in the kernel

What do you mean with 'fully embedded'? As long as the agents aren't compiled as modules, everything's right in the kernel (of course, not the mainline one, but that's same as for kdb and kgdb).

>3. Not fully open source (since it's not embeded in the kernel)

What has embedding things in the kernel to do with being open source?

>5. No advanced recursive descent parser for conditional breakpoints

Where've you seen this? What functionality does the parser miss?

Jan