Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 23:47:25 EST

Hans Reiser wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:

Then why not listen to authorities, all of whom are saying "it's not
ready yet"

What exactly is not ready Jeff? As I see it, this thread is 95%
posturing, and almost no technical reasons for not merging. These
"authorities"seem perfectly content with echoing the words of someone
who skimmed the code and shot his mouth off without understanding it,
and now these "authorities" just echo him because they like him and
assume he must be right.

I've already listed two rather large technical reasons.

When a vendor submits code, they know their [hardware | filesystem] best, but Linux kernel developers know the kernel code and kernel direction best.

There needs to be a meeting of the minds. Vendors that stick to "I know best" line of reasoning don't get very far in Linux.

Jeff