Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc6-V0.7.48-00

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 09:42:53 EST

On Saturday 25 June 2005 09:19, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Saturday 25 June 2005 05:12, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>>* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> It seems the transmitter only needed a goodnight kiss, so I came
>>> back & built it. So far running good, 5 minute uptime, looks
>>> good. More reports if I find any gotcha's :) Seemed to boot
>>> marginally faster too, but no stopwatch timeings were done.
>>
>>great. To make sure, these earlier boot failures are gone:
>>> I just tried to build & boot 50-17 in mode=3, no hardirq's and
>>> got the same boot failure as mode 4 for 50-06 gave:
>>
>>right?
>>
>> Ingo
>
>Yes. Same mode 3, no hardirq's config. I have not tried mode=4.
>Here thats been a lockup every time for recent versions. I just
>checked the log, pretty quiet, nothing out of line.

Now I've tried -22 in mode=4 and its the same hard lockup after this
line is printed to the screen:

"Checking to see if this processor honours the WP bit even in the
supervisor mode... OK"

reset button to recover. -22 in mode=3, no hardirq's now building
while running -19.

-22, mode=3 no hardirq's is running, but it took kmail a couple of
minutes to fully init its screen, with a spamd child eating 99% of
the cpu. The logs are silent after "loading the r200 code" from
startx. But, it seems to be ok now. More data when available.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)