Re: 2.6.12 initrd module loading seems parallel on bootup

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 06:38:55 EST

On Sunday 26 June 2005 02:46, Andrew Morton wrote:
> I'd like to know what changed in the kernel to make nash's behaviour
> change.  Martin, did you work that out?
Quoting from Prarit Bhargava's email (http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/6/14/149)
-
"The issue is that David Howells posted a patch that changed the behaviour of
kallsyms/insmod/rmmod sometime ago. The patch *is correct* in what it does,
however, the patch requires that /sbin/sh must be aware of pid returns by
wait() - http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/1/17/132";

IIRC this issue was same as the one faced by Martin.

Parag