Re: [CFT:PATCH] 2/3: Check status of CTS when using flow control

From: Russell King
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 17:46:12 EST

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 06:26:43PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 26 June 2005 18:17, Russell King wrote:
> >Fix bugme #4712: read the CTS status and set hw_stopped if CTS
> >is not active.
> >
> >Thanks to Stefan Wolff for spotting this problem.
> >
> This one needs to make mainline & maybe, after 3 years, I can use a
> pl2303 to talk to an old slow coco. Twould be very nice if that
> fixed the lack of flow controls the connection apparently fails from.

Sorry, wasn't aware of the problem until recently. Reviewing the
code reveals that this bug has existed through many many many kernel
series. ;(

Have you been able to test it? You will need the first patch as well.

(also, please remember I can't send you mail directly... still.)

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core