Re: [CFT:PATCH] 2/3: Check status of CTS when using flow control

From: Russell King
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 03:10:52 EST

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 07:38:18PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 26 June 2005 18:37, Russell King wrote:

> >> This one needs to make mainline & maybe, after 3 years, I can use
> >> a pl2303 to talk to an old slow coco. Twould be very nice if that
> >> fixed the lack of flow controls the connection apparently fails
> >> from.
> >
> >Sorry, wasn't aware of the problem until recently. Reviewing the
> >code reveals that this bug has existed through many many many kernel
> >series. ;(
> >
> Yes it has, and I may have even posted about it, but that would be a
> year plus back into ancient history Russell. You mention another
> required patch also? Where might it be obtained?

You replied to the second message in the thread (which contains the
second patch). The first message contains the first patch. lkml.org
has it archived if you need it.

> >(also, please remember I can't send you mail directly... still.)
>
> I'm also getting bounces involving the address in the CC: line,
> Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> While I can goto vz and add that address to the incoming whitelist, I
> doubt that would do you any good. Looks like I need to bookmark that
> page and start using it more often. Did I mention how bad vz sucks?
> Unforch, only game in this neck of the appalacians (hell I can't even
> spell it right), sorry.
>
> Anyway, your domain name is now in the vz whitelist.

And I now have 20 messages from verizon to postmaster / abuse requesting
that I go and fill in their "ISP" whitelist form... one to each would
have done, but 10 times as much? That's definitely abuse in itself.

On this ISP whitelist form, Verizon require a phonenumber that they can
call anytime during some random timezone (CST, where ever that is.)
Being located in the UK, that's not acceptable so I'm unable to comply
with their requirements for whitelisting. Sorry.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core