Documentation about the Virtual File-System

From: Guillermo López Alejos
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 12:21:16 EST

Hi,

This is the first time I post to this mailing list.

I am working with the Computer Architecture department of my
University (Carlos III of Madrid, Spain). I have to adapt an existing
(distributed) filesystem to the Linux kernel. Therefore, I am looking
for the interfaces in the Virtual File-System.

I do not know if this is the correct mailing list to post to about
this topic. If not, please, tell me.

I have read some documentation, but I have not found any reference to
the 2.6 kernel:
- http://www.linux.it/~rubini/docs/vfs/vfs.html
- http://www.faqs.org/docs/kernel_2_4/lki.html#toc3
- http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~neilb/oss/linux-commentary/vfs.html

I cannot determine if this references are up-to-date, because I have
not started coding yet. In case they are not, do anyone knows about
newer references?

Is there any "Building a File system HOWTO"?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

--
Guillermo