Re: Documentation about the Virtual File-System

From: Nate Diller
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 19:19:27 EST

try reading the code to Minix FS, it is simple and will demonstrate
the interfaces you need to present to VFS, and the block interface to
access the disk. The page interface is preferred over the block
interface recently, expecially for high performance work, but FS's
that use it are more complex and harder to understand (reiserfs, xfs,
ext3).

Get Robert Love's kernel programming book, it has just barely enough
VFS documentation to get you started learning the current interfaces.

NATE