Re: Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-final-V0.7.50-24

From: Chuck Harding
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 13:53:25 EST

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Ingo Molnar wrote:

* Michal Schmidt <xschmi00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ingo Molnar wrote:
i've also uploaded -50-27 in which i've improved the irq-flags debugging
code.

Hi Ingo,
check_raw_flags needs to be exported. The attached one-line patch is
against -V0.7.50-29.

thanks, i've uploaded the -30 patch with your fix included.

Ingo

It's working fine now - switching back and forth between graphical mode
and text console (which works with or with out the shift key B-) and no
more flooding of BUG: scheduling with irqsw disabled in dmesg. I did
notice that 50-24 kernal was hard locked up when I came in this morning.
SysRq-B would not reboot it and pinging from another machine said it
was down. I went ahead and booted up another kernel and saw the message
about 50-30 so I built that and that is what I am running on now. I really
like using it because X works much better at rendering the screen and
screen animations are really smooth. (this is on a 2GHz P4 with 1Gb RAM)

--
Charles D. (Chuck) Harding <charding@xxxxxxxx> Voice: 925-423-8879
Senior Computer Associate ICCD Fax: 925-423-6961