Possible excessive logging from sym53c8xx_2 SCSI driver

From: Peter Williams
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 23:00:43 EST

I have a system with a LSI Logic/Symbios Logic 53c810 SCSI device with an external Iomega Zip drive and an internal Iomega Jaz drive attached both of which appear to be operating normally. However, I am also getting the following message:

Jun 29 13:15:04 mudlark kernel: sd 0:0:6:0: phase change 6-7 9@37caa7a0 resid=7.

every 2 seconds (approximately). Does it indicate some hardware problem that I should be concerned about or can I ignore it? If it's just informative does it have to be repeated so frequently?

Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- Ambrose Bierce