Re: FUSE merging?

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 16:41:16 EST

Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, a few things:
>
> - is there anything in the current implementation of the permission stuff
> which might tie our hands if it is later reimplemented? IOW: does the
> current FUSE user interface in any way lock us into the current FUSE
> implementation (fuse_allow_task())?
>
> - the fuse mount options don't seem to be documented
>
> - aren't we going to remove the nfs semi-server feature?
>
> - Frank points out that a user can send a sigstop to his own setuid(0)
> task and he intimates that this could cause DoS problems with FUSE. More
> details needed please?
>
> - I don't recall seeing an exhaustive investigation of how an
> unprivileged user could use a FUSE mount to implement DoS attacks against
> other users or against root.

You say

"If a sysadmin trusts the users enough, or can ensure through other
measures, that system processes will never enter non-privileged mounts,
it can relax the last limitation with a "user_allow_other" config
option. If this config option is set, the mounting user can add the
"allow_other" mount option which disables the check for other users'
processes."

What config option, where?