Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 18:23:06 EST

On 6/27/05, Markus Törnqvist <mjt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> I hate to say this without digging out any URLs, but one friend
> of mine says he has a very hard time doing any networking code
> because it's too labile. Maybe that's being embettered for something
> else too?
>
> Or the other friend who curses that the networking code is just
> crap and basically has to rewrite the code to get it working.
> Yes, I've tried to get these guys to submit their code, but they
> argue back that no one wants to see it.

[...]

I'm pretty damn sure the relevant maintainers (and a bunch of people
on LKML and the netdev lists in general) would like to see patches
that improves their code.
If these friends of yours are sitting on patches that make massive
improvements to the code and they are not submitting patches then they
are not exactely helping (and I'd suspect them to just be full of BS)
- they should get their code merged instead of having to maintain it
themselves out-of-tree for ever - let the rest of us bennefit as well.
It's my experience that if you can explain the problems your patch fix
and explain well why the fix is sane, then getting your patches merged
doesn't have to be hard.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>